Hydrogen blending – pilot projects for power generation facilities
As utilities look to decarbonize their power generation assets, hydrogen is emerging as a potential pathway to achieve CO2 reduction targets. Many facilities are looking to implement pilot-testing programs to temporarily blend and burn hydrogen with natural gas to measure performance (output, fuel consumption, emissions, and so on).
This presentation will include real examples of hydrogen blending pilot projects and focus on the key aspects of implementing them:
· Coordinating with original equipment manufacturers
· Determining required modifications
· Testing duration/frequency
· Assessing hydrogen supply
· Understanding hydrogen storage placement requirements