Ensuring the safety of all customers, attendees, and our teams at POWERGEN International is our top priority. We are following the suggestions of the U.S. and Texas state public health guidelines as they are developing.
Masks required in all event common areas
Facemasks will be required for those who are unvaccinated and for those who are vaccinated.
Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend.
Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend. The negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours of first entering the event. Attendees who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot of Pfizer/Moderna or a single shot of Johnson & Johnson. Vaccination is not required to attend the event.
Daily deep cleaning to meet GBAC standards
- Cleaning & Hygiene Countermeasures
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the lobby, common spaces, and exhibit halls
- Venue will use industrial powered machines to sanitize and scrub the exhibit hall, meeting spaces, and public spaces prior to occupancy
- Overnight meeting room disinfecting
- Increased cleaning in high touch point areas
- Cleaning tips to be provided to all exhibitors
- General contractors will offer plexi sneeze guards for purchase
- Enhanced AV cleaning and utilizing disposable mic covers
Onsite COVID-19 response action plan
- Prior to the event, Clarion Events, will work with the venue and medical team to determine an emergency response plan and communication to all staff attending the event. We will send push notifications through the app for any emergency response situations.
- We will have an enhanced first aid station and medical support with quarantine room onsite for anyone feeling ill or who has a fever.
- Signage will be placed throughout the KBHCC reminding attendees to practice social distancing, no handshaking, enhanced hygiene, and PPE
- Staff will be trained prior to the event on how to properly wear PPE. Staff will not be allowed to come to the show if exhibiting any systems of COVID-19
Pre-packaged food and beverage
We will have pre packaged food and/or an attendants wearing PPE serving food behind sneeze guards
Implemented social distancing measures in all sessions and live streamed keynote
- For Conference Sessions and Keynote:
- Classrooms reduced to 50% capacity (based on the current mandates we will increase as mandates allow)
- Physical Distancing
- Signage will be up to to remind attendees to be socially distant
- Glass sneeze guards/plexiglass will be added in key areas where physical distancing is limited.
- Social Functions
- In-room functions such as breakfast roundtables, luncheons etc. will have a 50% reduced capacity (per mandate and will increase as mandates allow)
Reduced contact at registration areas
There will be express badge pick up, with staff (wearing PPE) and a scanner.